Every year, the Yale Club of Georgia recognizes outstanding juniors in local high schools by presenting books to them. This program helps to:
- Bring Yale’s name to awards assemblies each year where the most outstanding students, their parents and key teachers, administrators and guidance counselors are present.
- Strengthen the reputation of secondary schools as learning centers that seek to prepare students for Yale.
- Ensure that the Yale award is considered the most important one to receive each year (the “gold medal” academic award).
- Encourage students who had not previously considered themselves likely candidates for Yale or similar universities to widen their horizons.
- Let the community share the excitement through photographs and description of the award in local papers and websites.
- Offer an opportunity for conversation between alumni and Book Award recipients.
- Deliver with the book two important memorabilia:
- A Yale bookplate inscribed with the student’s name, date of award, and Yale Club of GA sponsorship.
- A brochure portraying Yale’s excellence and student life.
The Yale Club of Georgia is honored to partner with the following schools in our 2017 Book Award Program:
Alpharetta High School
Atlanta International School
B.E. Mays High School
B.E.S.T. Academy High School
Booker T. Washington High School
Cambridge High School
Carver Comprehensive High School
Carver Early College High School
Chamblee Charter High School
Chattahoochee High School
Clarke Central High School
Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy
DeKalb School of the Arts
Druid Hills High School
Frederick Douglas High School
Grady High School
Johns Creek High School
Lakeside High School
Lassiter High School
Lumpkin County High School
Mill Creek High School
Northview High School
North Atlanta High School
Peachtree Ridge High School
Riverwood International Charter School
Roswell High School
South Atlanta High School
Tucker High School